Although there is high demand for our services, we aim to offer you an appointment as soon as possible (within 2 to 4 weeks as an estimate). You can refer yourself into our service through the following methods:
Please call us on 0300 123 6020.
You will need your NHS Number to hand, together with your name and address details.
The receptionist will take your details and will offer you an appointment for a telephone assessment with one of our qualified therapists, who can talk through the various treatments on offer with you.
Please complete our online self-referral form.
You can visit your GP, or other healthcare professional, to discuss your needs and they can then support you with a referral to us.
SilverCloud is an online therapy programme that allows people to access Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques in a way that suits them. SilverCloud allows people to complete therapy in their own time and at their own pace, whilst still having regular online reviews with a trained practitioner within our team.
How can SilverCloud help me?
SilverCloud offers various programmes, consisting of evidence-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Techniques. The programmes are made up of a variety of different modules, looking at the way we think, the way we behave and the way we feel. The modules consist of videos, activities to complete and case studies to read, as well as quizzes, audio guides and your own journal.
The Depression programme looks at Understanding Feelings, Boosting Behaviour and Challenging Thoughts, as well as ways to bring all three elements together.
The Generalised Anxiety programme looks at Understanding Feelings, Managing Worry and Challenging Thoughts, with optional modules on Facing Your Fears if required.
The Stress programme looks at Problem Solving techniques, time management and lifestyle choices.
There are optional modules to complete on Sleep Difficulties, Relaxation, Self-Esteem, Employment Support and Anger Management.
Is SilverCloud right for me?
SilverCloud is suitable for people who:
- Have access to a computer, smart phone or tablet.
- Feel confident in using the internet and apps in daily life
- Feel motivated to change something in their life, and have clear goals to work towards
- Have busy schedules and may struggle to make regular appointment times
How does SilverCloud work?
Once you have signed up and registered, your progress will be monitored by a qualified practitioner within our team, called your Supporter. Your Supporter will log in once every two weeks, on an agreed date, to check your progress and read any comments you have left them. In return, they will leave comments and suggestions about materials that may be useful to you.
You will be offered up to 6 review dates with your Supporter, and after these reviews are completed you can continue to access SilverCloud for up to a year from the date of registration. You do not need to be online for your review, however the next time you log on you will be asked to complete questionnaires monitoring your current mood.
How long does it take?
Each module takes approximately 40 minutes to complete, and we recommend you complete around one module a week.
There are extra components to complete in each module if you so wish, and most people complete the programme in 6 to 12 weeks. Please complete all work you wish your Supporter to see the day before your review date, so they are able to monitor your progress.
Like any form of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, the more you put in the more progress you will make.
Can I speak to someone about SilverCloud?
If you would prefer to speak to someone for your therapy, or are not sure of your options and what might be best, please call us on 0300 123 6020. We will then arrange a telephone assessment for you with one of our Practitioners to discuss what would be helpful to you. You can also email email@example.com with your contact details, and we will get back to you to arrange an appointment.
Useful Resources and Links
If you require urgent mental health support and live in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, please call our helpline 0808 196 4501
- NHS 111 Online
- Samaritans website or call 116 123
- Shropshire MIND website or call 01743 368647
- No Panic website or call 0844 967 4848
- Cruse Bereavement Support website or call 0808 808 1677
- Axis Counselling website (Survivors of Childhood/Sexual Abuse) or call 01743 357777
- We Are With You website (Drug & Alcohol Services for Young People & Adults) or call 01743 294700
- Age UK website (Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin or call 01743 233123
- Crossroads Together website (Carers Support) or call 01743 341995
The current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is impacting everyone's daily lives at the moment and it is important to remember to take care of your mental health and wellbeing too.
Here are some useful resources offering general guidance on managing your mental wellbeing during this uncertain time:
- Shropshire Council - Looking after your mental health during COVID-19
- Shropshire Council - Bereavement and grief during the COVID-19 pandemic: supporting yourself and others
- Public Health England - COVID-19 guidance for the public on mental health and wellbeing & easy-read guide
- Mind - Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- Mental Health Foundation - How to look after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Every Mind Matters - Mental wellbeing while staying at home
Click on the topics below to view some self-help materials which may be beneficial during the outbreak:
- Face COVID - How to respond effectively to the Corona crisis using principles of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Managing Worry - Postponing Worry and Establishing a Worry Free Zone
- Mindfulness: An Introduction - NHS
- Mindfulness Meditations - Headspace
- Mindfulness Meditations - Mindful
- Recharging Your Battery - Getselfhelp.co.uk
- Behavioural Activation Worksheet - Getselfhelp.co.uk
Shropshire IAPT Cancellation Policy
It is important to attend all the appointments you book with us wherever possible. There may be times when you need to cancel for urgent reasons; we allow 2 such cancellations per person due to this.
Please contact us at least 24 hours before an appointment if you are unable to attend or wish to cancel or rearrange a session, so we are able to offer that slot to somebody else.
Further cancellations may result in your therapist being unable to offer you any more treatment sessions.
If you do not attend an appointment without notice, we may close your file with no further contact from us. We do this to be fair to everyone waiting to see us.
You will receive a reminder by text 48 hours before every appointment.